About Central Florida
We've all heard about Disney and rightly so as it's the largest draw for visitors coming to Central Florida. Here are some additional statistical facts about Central Florida which you may not know.
Osceola County is located in Kissimmee, Central Florida. The concentration of vacation homes / short term rental properties are within Osceola County; with Kissimmee, Orlando & Davenport making up the geographical base of the area’s vacation home sector.
From a broader prospective, the state of Florida welcomed more than 126.1 million visitors last year, up 6.2% from 2017, setting a record for the Sunshine State for the eighth year in a row.
VISIT FLORIDA estimates a record 111.8 million domestic visitors traveled to Florida in 2018, reflecting a 7.1 percent increase over 2017. Estimates also show 10.8 million overseas visitors and 3.5 million Canadians came to the Sunshine State last year.
According to Visit Orlando- Our area reached a major milestone in 2018 with a record-setting 75 million annual visitors in 2018. The increase of 4.2% over the prior year and it once again solidifies our area’s lead position as America's most-visited destination.
Our area reached a host of other new milestones in 2018 including:
· Record number of U.S. visitors: 68.55 million (+4.1%)
· Record number of international visitors: 6.48 million (+5.4%)
· Record airline arrivals: Orlando International Airport (OIA) maintained its position as the busiest airport in Florida, with 47.7 million passengers (+6.9%)
· Record international airline arrivals: OIA's international arrivals reached 6.6 million passengers (+11.64%)
Top Reasons Why Travelers come to our Area: -
Domestic and international leisure travelers
· Meetings, convention, and business travelers
· Group travelers including sports teams and reunion attendees
In Total: - 71.3% of our visitors were Domestic 28.7% were International
Top Domestic Markets (i.e. where travelers came from within the US:-
· New York
Top International Markets
· United Kingdom